and here we are building models and looking at sites. Happy days to all, and keep on working…
CURRENT STATUS: Defining installation and agreement for land.
• Diverse barrack suppliers
• OSU, Oslo S Utvikling AS
• Kulturetaten Kunst i Oslo
• Plan- og bygningsetaten
• HAV Eiendom
antipodes café is a NON profitable artist run centre to be open during 2015 in Bjørvika, Oslo. Project selected in late 2013 by Kulturetaten Kunst i Oslo.
• APR. 17. “with and not for” Lecture, Usandizaga, San Sebastian, Basque Country.*
• APR. 16-17. “GARBIBAI 2015″ Workshop, San Sebastian, Basque Country. *
*Activities supported by the Office of Contemporary Art Norway -OCA-
• NOV. 28. “Ráfagas de diseño”, IV Iberoamerican Design Biennial, Matadero Madrid, Spain.
• NOV. 26. “with and not for”, Escuela superior de diseño, Madrid, Spain.
• NOV. 24. “Urban intervensjon – muligheter når målet er midlertidlighet”. Plankonferansen 2014 Dag 2, Statens vegvesen, Thon Hotel Opera, Oslo, Norway.
• NOV. 16. “antipodes café work in GARBIBAI”. Seminar “Basura O”, Centro Cultural de España, Montevideo, Uruguay.
• NOV. 03. “Utforsking av Norges flagg. barneworkshop, Singsaker Skole, Trondheim Norway.
• OCT. 30. “Utforsking av Norges flagg. barneworkshop, Gyllenborg Skole, Tromsø, Norway.
• OCT. 27. “Utforsking av Norges flagg. barneworkshop, Kirkenes Barneskole, Kirkenes, Norway.
• OCT. 24. “Utforsking av Norges flagg. barneworkshop, Elvebakken Skole, Alta, Norway.
• OCT. 22. “Utforsking av Norges flagg. barneworkshop, Karl Johan Minneskole, Kristiansand, Norway.
• OCT. 17. “Utforsking av Norges flagg, barneworkshop, Nordnes Skole, Bergen, Norway.
• OCT. 15. “appropriations and public art” Rogaland Kunstsenter, Stavanger, Norway.
• OCT. 15. “Utforsking av Norges flagg”, barneworkshop, Auglend Skole, Stavanger, Norway.
• OCT. 09. “Utforsking av Norges flagg”, barneworkshop, Longyearbyen Skole, Svalbard, Norway.
• AUG 29. Saturday (“Hoy Ñoquis” Tournament) — 14:00 Youngstorget, Oslo.
• SET 24. Thursday — 19:00 Kulturhuset i Oslo
• NOV 5. Thursday — 19:00 Kulturhuset i Oslo
• MAY 20. Pingpongo Euskadi – Pingpongo Garbibai exhibition. Gartziategi, Donostia San Sebastian, Basque Country. (collaboration w/Gondolin Klub)
• MAR 26. Pingpongo Norge “Evolution Tournament”, Kulturhuset i Oslo.
• NOV. 28. Pingpongo Madrid tournament, Espacio Ucrania, Madrid Community. (collaboration w/Alberto Nanclares)
• NOV. 24. Pingpongo Uruguay tournament, CCE-Montevideo, Uruguay. (w/Pingpongo Uruguay)
• NOV. 17-24. Pingpongo. Exhibition, CCE-Montevideo, Uruguay.
More info: pingpongo.no
• APR. 9. > MAY 17. “dorf”
Guest artist: Pfelder (GER)
Instructions “Do it again” by: Rosemarie Trockel / Felix González Torres. (*)
Non profitable artist run spaces located in toilets of coffeehouses/bars.
Run by antipodes café DO GALLERI presents solo exhibitions by artists that are invited to create works based on instructions from another artist, that were made for the open exhibition model “Do it” by the curator Hans Ulrich Obrist.
The first DO GALLERI is located at KASCHK Berlin (2015).
More info: antipodescafe.org/dogalleri
• NOV. 04 – “UNF – Katalogue”
• AUG. 14. > SEP. 11 > “UNF – Utstilling”, solo show, Galleri Svalbard, Longyearbyen, Norway.
• JUN. “UNF – Skape” Selected for support by Kulturrådet for upgrade in near future.
• MAR. “UNF – Barneworkshoper” selected by Utdanningsetaten, Oslo kommune to be part of the DKS programme 2015/2016.
UTFORSKING AV NORGES FLAGG
More info: antipodescafe.org/norgesflagg
• JUL. 29. Outdoor place to be confirmed, Oslo, Norway.
Each 29 we arrange meetings where we serve ñoquis and talk about traditions.
Ñoquis are various thick, soft dough dumplings.
antipodes café ñoquis includes:
– 1kg potatoes
– 1 egg
– 1 tiny spoon salt (optional)
– 500 gr. flour (250 gr. to be used for cooking, 250 gr. to be used in the table)
peel, boil with salt (optional) and mash the potatoes, add the egg and mix.
wait until is not that warm and add flour mixing with both hands until you have a nice dough that you can handle to roll 1cm ø cylinders.
After you have several cylinders you can cut them in half inch (yes, 1,22 cm aprox.)
So, once you have tons of this small things you can use the fork to make the shape, well, that not the easy part to explain in text so join us next time and learn!
2015 – PILOT STAGE
Run by antipodes café RESHOW is a project with the aim of reuse materials from exhibitions in new exhibitions and/or diverse cultural activities.
The first RESHOW project implied the exhibition “Stakkars oss” held in the Norsk design- og arkitektursenter “DogA” in late 2014, and the satire seminar develop by the Deichmanske Bibliotek at the Nasjonalbiblioeteket in Oslo during May 11th 2015.
Thanks to DogA and our friend Gunnar as well as to Stakkars oss, Deichmanske bibliotek and Nasjonalbiblioteket.
Dear friends, friends of friends and so on… join us to enjoy some ñoquis (gnocchi = pasta made basically with potatoes and flour) and to talk about traditions and future… yes! this time will be in our studio at Kampen since we will move from it this autumn. 😀 — 29. Juni ca. 5 to […]
morna’ oslo og morna’ oslo og gratulerer med dagen Tuva!!! antipodes café will not open today, but probably soon. stay tuned and if you want to join for morning birthday coffee just cross the puddle med dagen Tuva!!! antipodes café will not open today, but probably soon. stay tuned and if you want to join […]